Build your Career at Falcon Equipment Rentals
We are looking for a customer-oriented, motivated individual to join our professional team as an Apprentice Mechanic at our Slave Lake branch. This position will report to the Area Manager.
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive pay
- Great employee benefits
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Supportive management team and dedicated employees
- Small team environment
- Guaranteed hours and home every night
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the mechanic team to perform scheduled maintenance/service on equipment
- Troubleshoot and diagnose faults and malfunctions
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective parts, components, or systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper functioning; ensure all manufacturers’ specifications are met
- Perform pre-inspections on equipment prior to delivery as well as post-inspections upon return
- Look up and order parts from different suppliers
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
- Make on-site service calls to inspect, service, and repair rental equipment as needed
- Complete all maintenance and repair activities in a safe manner according to company policies and procedures
- Participate in the branch on call schedule and be able to work overtime as required
- Promote company image through excellent customer service
- Bring a positive energy to the branch to help maintain and improve morale of the team day to day
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by your manager or management team
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Valid Class 3 or 5 Alberta Driver’s License with clean abstract
- Possess at a minimum a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of an apprenticeship program is preferred
- Strong understanding of the operation, maintenance, and repair of small tools and engines
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications
- Physically fit and able to lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 50 lbs)
- Ability to follow verbal directions as well as written company and safety procedures
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrates a professional demeanour and positive attitude
- Can work together with a team and provide each other support
- Safety requirements: First Aid, TDG, H2S would be an asset
Falcon Rentals is an Alberta owned equipment rental company with 5 locations seeking to add qualified and ambitious professionals to our team. If you are looking for the benefits of a smaller team/business environment but with growth potential and advancement, we have something for you to consider.
We believe in treating each other with respect and working as a team to get things done right. Thanks to this focus on teamwork and collaboration, we have created an atmosphere that is fun, supportive, and full of energy.
$25-35 per hour; dependent on experience.
How to Apply:
Please submit application to email@example.com or drop off at our office in Slave Lake.
Closing date: October 18, 2022
For further details about our company please check out our website at www.falconrentals.com.
Although we appreciate all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.