Sr. Accounting Clerk
Build your Career at Falcon Equipment Rentals
We are looking for a customer-oriented, self-motivated individual to join our professional team as a Sr. Accounting Clerk at our Slave Lake branch. This is a full time position and will report to the General Manager.
- Accounting Duties:
- Accounts payables and receivables
- Organize receipts, process invoices, record daily financial transactions
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts and reporting as required
- Reconcile bank statements/accounts
- Prepare and file GST returns
- Prepare and review all balances for year end
- Asset/inventory addition and disposal processing
- Prepare reports for management review
- Payroll Administration:
- Prepare payroll schedules and update records/files
- Prepare T4s, etc.
- Other administrative duties:
- Correspond with customers via phone and email
- Assist with onboarding new employees
- Occasionally carry out other administrative duties
- Represent Falcon Rentals in a professional manner at all times
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
Education and Certifications:
- Bookkeeping/accounting certification is required
- BComm/BA in Accounting would be an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Sage (accounting software)
Abilities and Experience:
- Rental experience is a definite asset
- Ability to manage time well and have the ability to work independently
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Efficiently prioritize tasks
- Open to new experiences and learning opportunities
- Willing to introduce and implement new technologies and softwares for improved reporting functionality
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
Falcon Rentals is an Alberta owned equipment rental company with 4 locations seeking to add qualified and ambitious professionals to our team. If you are looking for the benefits of a smaller team/business environment but with growth potential and advancement, we have something for you to consider.
We believe in treating each other with respect and working as a team to get things done right. Thanks to this focus on teamwork and collaboration, we have created an atmosphere that is fun, supportive, and full of energy.
Why Work with Us?:
- Competitive pay
- Great employee benefits
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Supportive management team and dedicated employees
- Small team environment
- Guaranteed hours and home every night
Compensation negotiable and dependent on experience.
How to Apply:
Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at our Slave Lake office.
For further details about our company please check out our website at www.falconrentals.com.
Although we appreciate all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.